SMALL BUSINESS LAWYER FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Swartz Law has a small business attorney who provides a variety of employment law services to startups and small businesses. While many emerging and even established small businesses do not need, or have the funds for, full-time legal counsel, the ever increasing and complicated web of employment laws still apply. We provide the advice and guidance you need to have confidence that your workplace is in order. Let our business lawyer for small business focus on the law so that you can focus on growing your business.
Avoidance. Early Detection. Resolution.
Proactive compliance measures are the best way to avoid employment law disputes and keep your workforce happy. When issues do arise, early detection and investigation are crucial to determine the appropriate response and ensure a swift resolution. However, even the most diligent employers will find themselves involved in lawsuits. We seek to resolve matters wherever possible. If litigation becomes necessary we vigorously defend our clients and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
Employment Law Services
The following are examples of the services we provide to small business employers:
- Create and implement workplace policies and procedures and employee handbooks
- Draft, review and negotiate severance and employment contracts, including Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), Non-Competition Agreements (Non-Competes), Non-Solicitation Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and Intellectual Property and Inventions Agreements
- Counsel with regard to employee onboarding, misconduct, discipline and termination
- Counsel with regard to medical and disability issues, including leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations
- Conduct internal workplace investigations
- Representation for workplace claims, including discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), medical and disability, wage and hour, and non-compete litigation
Make Sure Your Business is Covered
Swartz Law has a small business lawyer who can help your business stay on track. Let us worry about the law so that you can stay focused on your business. Call us at (816) 444-8900 or contact us online by clicking the button below to schedule a consultation with an experienced Kansas City employment lawyer.